The Camp Transformation Center - Unethical-Unprofessional Business! Stay clear from The Camp-Temecula and all other Southern California Locations

57 of 57 The Camp Transformation Center reviews

NO NO NO! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! Stay far away from this place! There's a reason they are not part of the BBB! They do not run an ethical place of business and they discriminate! All of these reviews are mandatory to receive $497 back as part of the 6 week completion. It's a scare tactic so everyone, of course, writes a so-called "good" review in fear that they will not receive their money back! 90% of the "campers" are on an emergency diet their final week which consists of tilapia and asparagus for breakfast, lunch dinner and snack. Also zero water the final two days. Who wouldn't lose weight starving yourself! But that's just it, you don't really lose weight in the process...your gaining muscle. A sure promise that you will NOT meet your goal and lose 20lb to get your money back. At the end of course you're going to lose the most weight (most lose anywhere from 5-15 lbs this final week). Also, with the mandatory 5 times a week workout with heavy weights (as encouraged by the trainers), you are almost certain to gain muscle...not lose weight! Also you are pressured into buying their supplements and protein powder for a mere $220. Also a recipe for gaining weight. Working out 5 days a week does not allow your muscles enough time to recover. The business structure is a sham. Perhaps good if you're looking at body building. At the end, the ultimate goal is to get you to join the gym for $127/month. Yep! This place can not even be considered a gym. There is not a pool, spa, tennis courts, equipment or personal trainers, changing area, showers, etc... Wow! Spectrum Club prices, but not even comparable. It's more or less set up as a garage with a few weights around. It's a circuit training for 45 min, lifting tires and other unconventional techniques. Nothing like real boot camp, I know, I was in the military. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! I didn't find the trainers motivating. There were two decent guy trainers, I found the rest some what annoying, not really knowledgeable or motivating.

I came it at 19.6 lbs. There were others that came in just short and given a chance to sweat it out. I was in the room and witnessed it! One lady just as I, at point 4 ounces, and another in at .8 over and was allowed to leave go to the gym and come back and the other on the bike. When I left the house I had my running shoes and my husband asked why and I said just in case I come in short I can sweat it out. I thought it was a no brainer as that is what I saw. Knew I would come in close, but thought close under...not over. Either way I just thought that I would be given the same opportunity as the others. I asked the owner If I could jump on the treadmill she said no! (incidentally, they finally have two treadmills- other than that they have 3 old bikes). Anyway, she hemmed and hawed and would consider it if I had agreed to join the gym. Wow... No Thanks I had no intention of joining! Oh by the way, the owner is a member of 24 Hr Fitness!

ONLY WORK OUT TIMES: 5AM, 6AM, 9AM and 5,6 and 7 PM.

There is Zero consistency! I've heard multiple stories from others, but of course after the fact. By the way, had I known she was going to not give me the opportunity, like the others, I would have told her I would be a few hours late and go to LA Fitness, where I belong, and sweat out the .4 in the sauna. Duh! Just expected that I would be able to do as the others were!

So as per the commitment to get my money back I would have left a "good" review and once I got my money back, I was going to write the real true review...my genuine version. Again the pressure to write a "good" review for the others waiting for their money. Geesh....great marketing there...not! Very dishonest

Words from the owner herself "90% of weight loss is from the diet". Adding the weights and workouts 5 days a week, consistently sore muscles, with no down time is just not that healthy if your over 35, in my opinion. For all of you curious of the meal plan, don't waste your money! Here it is:

Breakfast: Egg whites (about 4), Spinach (unlimited) and 1/3 cup dry oatmeal (plain). May add a little cinnamon and protein to oatmeal. Plus "camp" supplements

Snack: " Camp" protein powder + supplements

Lunch: 4-6 oz of White Fish, Chicken Breast or 99% lean turkey, broccoli, spinach or asparagus (unlimited), 2-3 oz of brown rice or quinoa + "camp" supplements

Snack: Same as above

Dinner: Same as lunch

Snack: 6oz of fat free cottage cheese or yogurt

*No sauces, may use spices or little of mustard and salsa. Eat every 21/2 to 3 hours. Drink a gallon of water a day!

That's it folks! SAVE YOUR MONEY! Do your work outs on your own, but STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 22 Yes 22
57 of 57 The Camp Transformation Center reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 10 #1268832 Newton Falls, Ohio, United States

Your complaint upsets me because it is along the lines of, “I took $500 to Vegas and lost it all on the slots. Now I forever hate Vegas”.
It is very discouraging for people trying to make a huge change in their life. I just joined (seriously, attending my second workout after work today 01-10-2017) and I came across your long complaint while searching for a location, as I am about to travel. Everything you just complained about, they tell you up front; with the expectation of non-motivational couches, which luckily my location have this issue. Next time you decided to pay $497 you should probably make sure you read the fine lines first. Fortunately, TC tells you all of this information up front so if you forget to read the lines of the contract you had to sign, you should have been told verbally as well!! Also just an added free fact of the day, 1 pound of fat weighs the same exact amount as 1 pound of muscle. As you work out your muscle increases by “burning” the fat. More muscle = Less Fat = Leaner, skinnier, more tone body. You can complete additional cardio (it is actually recommended) if you are worried about too much muscle gain, cardio is an additional exercise GREAT for weight loss. (I use to be fit once.)
Sharing their not so specific and partially incorrect meal plan, thrilling, but there is a reason to this overall madness of a meal plan. Also, they have a recovery plan once you meet your overall goal to help you continue to eat healthy. Transforming
... Show more

4 1 Reply

Jan 10 #1269065 Colton, California, United States

Well said! Today was my 2 day of my first 6 week challenge and I feel a little sore, but also feel very motivated to keep going ( I need 5 challenges to make my goal weight! Love the trainers and all the new friends I have made...I'm very happy I joined

3 0 Reply

Jan 10 #1268760 Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa

thanks for this! i keep seeing them on Facebook looking for people to join a free 6 week workout program, but I felt like it was too good to be true and I wondered what the catch was... and every other review I've seen is positively glowing.

4 0 Reply

Jan 08 #1267791 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I completed two challenges, and met my healthy goal weight. I even received my deposit back!!! After researching the costly prices of Cross-fit gyms, I decided to stay at the camp. It has been the one thing that has helped me lose weight without taking any supplements besides protein drinks for my snacks. What may work for some, may not work for others. But I definitely learned to eat wiser and work out consistently. I've reached my goal of fit before 40!

4 0 Reply

Jan 03 #1264982 Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa

U are angry because U didn't get a refund. I lost 46 pounds in 13 weeks. 2 challenges. I never did the tilapia in the final week and I even went to New York for 10 days towards the end of the challenge. I became a member and have no regrets.
It is not a conventional gym. I had no idea that the diet was so rigid but I had to do it to loose the weight. Don't blame the gym or the program for your lack of success. Success comes from within.
Don't listen to one negative person's gripes. Try the program. All U have to loose is unnecessary weight.

7 0 Reply

Dec 16, 2016 #1256782 Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa

WOW!! You sound bitter because you didn't loss the 20lbs but don't ruin a wonderful opportunity for other people just because you are mad. I have done 2 challenges at the Camp, the first one I was successful and rolled it over to a second one, which I was not successful at losing another 20lbs. I would never discourage anyone from joining, it is an amazing place and the trainers really do care!

7 4 Reply

Dec 05, 2016 #1250641

This is a terrible review. I'm a non biased person reading this to figure out whether I want to join or not and this review makes me want to. I used to lift weights and had a bodybuilders body. You do not gain muscle that fast.. trust me. Somebody with a perfect diet and excercise regiment would maybeeeee gain 5 pounds of muscle in that time. But most people would probably gain 1 or two pounds of muscle. You're a ***. Do your research

4 2 Reply

Nov 23, 2016 #1245063

I wish I had seen this before I joined

2 2 Reply

Nov 11, 2016 #1239469 Aliso Viejo, California, United States

Wow thank you!! I had no idea they were so unqualified and unprofessional. We were thinking of joining today but just changed our minds after reading this review.

2 3 Reply

Dec 23, 2016 #1259993 Irvine, California, United States

NO WORRIES, YOU WILL LOVE IT! this person had a bad experience, most don't. I did the challenge and succeeded then rolled into a membership. I can't say enough good things about the camp and they don't intimidate to get the reviews!!!!

5 1 Reply

Jan 05 #1266390

They say it's free then make you put almost 500 down as a "deposit". Save your money and use it to buy healthy food and start walking

1 2 Reply

Oct 30, 2016 #1233930 Santa Ana, California, United States

Well this person is obviously an ignorant ***. I just finished my first challenge and lost 22.6 pounds, never did tilapigus nor carb cycled. You never exhaust your muscles because you work different muscle groups throughout the week. Upper body on monday, lower body on tuesday, full body on wednesday and it just repeats itself like that. If you think eating a balanced diet thats high in protein and exercising everyday is unhealthy but stuffing your face into a burger and sitting your *** on the couch isnt, you're an ***. Also, you dont have to buy any of their suplements NOR their protein powder. you can have a portion of protien instead of the shake, but the shake IS EASY. Idk who else would like to bust out a can of tune at 8am in the morning. ALSO, the contract says to right AN HONEST review, not a positive one. Jeesh, sorry this person made me mad. This is a life changing experience people, it helps you go from an unhealthy lifestyle to a healthy one

16 4 Reply

Oct 27, 2016 #1232972

Thank you!!!

1 0 Reply

Oct 18, 2016 #1228580 Phoenix, Arizona, United States

If you listen to this bitter lady you will moss out on an amazing opportinity. I am on my 2nd challenge. And this is the last week. I lost 25lbs the first week and i am down 13 this yime and will probably make it. This is the best thing to ever happen to me. I look and feel better than ever. It's a shame tht this woman would discourage ppl like this just bc she failed. The only way u fail is if u dont follow the diet which is really doable and ure never hungry

9 3 Reply
Sara

Oct 28, 2016 #1233374 Torrance, California, United States

so you got your money the first time ? I'm asking because I'm about to start my challenge the upcoming week.

1 0 Reply

Nov 07, 2016 #1237939 Oceanside, California, United States

If you reach your 20lbs lost and are below their required BMI then yes u get your money back. For very large people or people that have over 20 lbs to reach their BMI the initial commitment cost rolls over so you can do another challenge. P.S.) thier BMI standard os like 19lbs above the federal standard for BMI. IM 5'9" and my bmi was 196. Hust to give u an idea)

2 1 Reply

Jan 06 #1266715 Anaheim, California, United States

This program truly works. I use to weight 210lb and was 5'4.5 (female) After the 2 challenges and continuing to workout I now weight 130lbs and have no health issues. To be honest the diet is more of a way of getting to the habit of eating your retired portions and healthy eating. I did not take the supplements due to originally having liver problems and I did loose weight and had no issues instead my liver now is better. before the challenge I had anemia so the diet did not even make my anemia worse instead after my first challenge I had no anemia. Overall I would say give this challenge a try it does work. Remember that it is more based on your own personal motivation

2 0 Reply

1-20 of 139 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to The Camp Transformation Center. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about The Camp Transformation Center.
Filing a new complaint about
×