The Camp Transformation Center - Unethical-Unprofessional Business! Stay clear from The Camp-Temecula and all other Southern California Locations

NO NO NO! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! Stay far away from this place! There's a reason they are not part of the BBB! They do not run an ethical place of business and they discriminate! All of these reviews are mandatory to receive $497 back as part of the 6 week completion. It's a scare tactic so everyone, of course, writes a so-called "good" review in fear that they will not receive their money back! 90% of the "campers" are on an emergency diet their final week which consists of tilapia and asparagus for breakfast, lunch dinner and snack. Also zero water the final two days. Who wouldn't lose weight starving yourself! But that's just it, you don't really lose weight in the process...your gaining muscle. A sure promise that you will NOT meet your goal and lose 20lb to get your money back. At the end of course you're going to lose the most weight (most lose anywhere from 5-15 lbs this final week). Also, with the mandatory 5 times a week workout with heavy weights (as encouraged by the trainers), you are almost certain to gain muscle...not lose weight! Also you are pressured into buying their supplements and protein powder for a mere $220. Also a recipe for gaining weight. Working out 5 days a week does not allow your muscles enough time to recover. The business structure is a sham. Perhaps good if you're looking at body building. At the end, the ultimate goal is to get you to join the gym for $127/month. Yep! This place can not even be considered a gym. There is not a pool, spa, tennis courts, equipment or personal trainers, changing area, showers, etc... Wow! Spectrum Club prices, but not even comparable. It's more or less set up as a garage with a few weights around. It's a circuit training for 45 min, lifting tires and other unconventional techniques. Nothing like real boot camp, I know, I was in the military. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! I didn't find the trainers motivating. There were two decent guy trainers, I found the rest some what annoying, not really knowledgeable or motivating.

I came it at 19.6 lbs. There were others that came in just short and given a chance to sweat it out. I was in the room and witnessed it! One lady just as I, at point 4 ounces, and another in at .8 over and was allowed to leave go to the gym and come back and the other on the bike. When I left the house I had my running shoes and my husband asked why and I said just in case I come in short I can sweat it out. I thought it was a no brainer as that is what I saw. Knew I would come in close, but thought close under...not over. Either way I just thought that I would be given the same opportunity as the others. I asked the owner If I could jump on the treadmill she said no! (incidentally, they finally have two treadmills- other than that they have 3 old bikes). Anyway, she hemmed and hawed and would consider it if I had agreed to join the gym. Wow... No Thanks I had no intention of joining! Oh by the way, the owner is a member of 24 Hr Fitness!

ONLY WORK OUT TIMES: 5AM, 6AM, 9AM and 5,6 and 7 PM.

There is Zero consistency! I've heard multiple stories from others, but of course after the fact. By the way, had I known she was going to not give me the opportunity, like the others, I would have told her I would be a few hours late and go to LA Fitness, where I belong, and sweat out the .4 in the sauna. Duh! Just expected that I would be able to do as the others were!

So as per the commitment to get my money back I would have left a "good" review and once I got my money back, I was going to write the real true genuine version. Again the pressure to write a "good" review for the others waiting for their money. Geesh....great marketing there...not! Very dishonest

Words from the owner herself "90% of weight loss is from the diet". Adding the weights and workouts 5 days a week, consistently sore muscles, with no down time is just not that healthy if your over 35, in my opinion. For all of you curious of the meal plan, don't waste your money! Here it is:

Breakfast: Egg whites (about 4), Spinach (unlimited) and 1/3 cup dry oatmeal (plain). May add a little cinnamon and protein to oatmeal. Plus "camp" supplements

Snack: " Camp" protein powder + supplements

Lunch: 4-6 oz of White Fish, Chicken Breast or 99% lean turkey, broccoli, spinach or asparagus (unlimited), 2-3 oz of brown rice or quinoa + "camp" supplements

Snack: Same as above

Dinner: Same as lunch

Snack: 6oz of fat free cottage cheese or yogurt

*No sauces, may use spices or little of mustard and salsa. Eat every 21/2 to 3 hours. Drink a gallon of water a day!

That's it folks! SAVE YOUR MONEY! Do your work outs on your own, but STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 76 Yes 76 16 No 16
Had the same issue 19 Yes 19
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 18 #1228580 Phoenix, Arizona

If you listen to this bitter lady you will moss out on an amazing opportinity. I am on my 2nd challenge. And this is the last week. I lost 25lbs the first week and i am down 13 this yime and will probably make it. This is the best thing to ever happen to me. I look and feel better than ever. It's a shame tht this woman would discourage ppl like this just bc she failed. The only way u fail is if u dont follow the diet which is really doable and ure never hungry

3 0 Reply

Oct 01 #1221271 Corona, California

What's the vegetarian meal plan?!

0 2 Reply

Sep 20 #1215383 San Leandro, California

Thanks a lot for telling the truth. I was about driving an hour every day for joining the camp. I signed up for the orientation too. Its good to know that what they do it doesn't sounds healthy at all.

6 1 Reply

Sep 11 #1211106 Los Angeles County, California

I don't mind the food cuz I already eat that way except the extra protein which no brainer. The fact that there are people there who have the same mind set to stay fit is awesome. The gym for me is to stay focus on the workout and leave, I love it. Who cares if you have to pay over $100 a month. The point is, it's by choice and what is important in your life. I love that they motivate you. Stay positive and happy. Life is too short to be complaining.

9 3 Reply

Sep 10 #1210860 Ottawa, Ontario

your an *** .. I have been through 2 challenges and it works and if you followed the rules you get your money back .. yes its all part of the agreement, but if you want to lose weight this is the place to go .. follow the diet, workout and you will lose weight . ONE guy loset 48lbs in 6 weeks !! one girl lost 33lbs in 6 weeks !! its not a scam it works ..

3 3 Reply

Sep 18 #1214310

48 lbs. in 6 weeks. hahahaha! GIANT B.S> Not unless you are eating muscle tissue as an energy source.

7 4 Reply

1 day ago #1231390 Columbus, Ohio

Everything that was said is true. They are very deceptive and do not disclose everything.

0 0 Reply

Sep 04 #1207919 Pretoria, Gauteng

Thank you! I'll just do my workouts from my phone!

2 0 Reply
Pedro Prado

Aug 30 #1205649 California, United States

I am super excited to announce that this program truly does work. It worked for me, I lost 22lbs in 6 weeks. I was a bit skeptical at first but then again who isn't. Some friends went through the challenge and I started noticing their results. They looked thinner and healthier. I was dragged to a meeting by my gf, only to find out that this would be the best decision I have ever made. If you focus and really Follow the intrustions the results will be there. Its not easy but its not hard.I am excited and looking forward to my next challenge. I reccomend this program to everyone struggling with their weight loss. Take it one day at a time , one meal at a time and one workout at a time. Stay Fit Don't Quit!! See you guys at the top.

3 1 Reply

Aug 24 #1203175

I love the camp!
I did it, lost 21 lbs.
and after that continued to work out and challenged myself to lose another 20 in 6 weeks. I was dedicated and determined and I did it.
If you're serious about weightloss you will not have excuses, make time for your workouts and eat good food with good nutrients. This is coming from someone who was chubby all through school, college and even in my 20's. Then one day I decided I no longer wanted to overweight. I have about 60 lbs to go, and I am excited to be a new fit and healthy person by the end of this year. (I also turn 30 in December so I will be entering a new decade of my life in a new body).

1 1 Reply

Aug 23 #1202635 Valencia, California

I did not do the camp but watched my wife while she did. I went to the orientation and supported her throughout altering my own diet with her. There was no part of the orientation which was dishonest in the least. I was skeptical but in the end I saw a person change inside and out. She is healthier and much happier now. At the 6th week I didn't even care if she had made the 20 pounds because it was about more than that! And months later now she continues to do great. SHE chose to continue as a member, and SHE chooses to post positive messages on FB. Nobody forced her two. All I know is the camp and the posts kept her accountable and going through the same with others helped her in a way the regular gym with "a pool and showers" did not. Some people need that extra encouragement. And she has met some new friends in the process who support each other. That is what it's about! For all negative posts why did you join? You were overweight and needed to try something else I assume. It works only if you commit. And you lost 20 pounds right? What are you complaining about. The Camp isn't for everyone but extremely helpful for many!

5 2 Reply

Aug 17 #1200025

It's unfortunate that people want the easy way out to lose weight they don't want to work for it to come up with any excuse possible. For every bad review there's two good reviews they have helped thousands and thousands of people lose weight and keep it off just because one person is dissatisfied doesn't it make it a bad program get it together people follow the *** instructions and it will work

5 0 Reply

Aug 05 #1195190

Its helped 100's but how many still look the same sooner or later some celebrity trainer or Nutrisonist will point out the dangers of the camp the founder is a DR but in chropatric

1 1 Reply

Aug 05 #1195189

Try keeping the weight off after doing an actual heathly diet not gonna happen ur body doesnt know what to do with wxcess carbs you dont gain muscle becauae you dont eat enough the camp feeds on rhe week low self esteem the trainer raul arteaga has banged a hand full of members now he and his new chick and former member are opening up there own gym

3 1 Reply

Aug 04 #1195016

I completely disagree with us review! The camp gives you all the tools you need to be successful in losing weight. I just completed my first challenge and I can't tell you how grateful I am to the camp because I haven't been this soze for over 4 years, I literally was in tears after my final weigh in because I loss that 20 lbs on my own. I did not use any of the camp supplements I bought all of my own sups in Amazon including the protein! I did not have to do the emergency diet plan, but I did kick it into overdrive the last 2 weeks I worked out 2x/day at the gym for cardio and heavy strength training as well as camp workouts. I worked my *** off during this challenge and it was because of the camp challenge that I pushed this hard in the first place. I wish I would have joined years ago because I haven't felt this good about myself in a long time.

7 2 Reply
Virginia Gonzalez

Sep 12 #1211613 Riverside, California

Do you mind saying what supplements & protein you purchased from Amazon?

0 0 Reply
Joe Lopez

Aug 02 #1193930 San Juan Capistrano, California

they obviously work with hundreds and hundreds of people. of course they can't make everyone happy. Yourself included. Your obviously a whiny little *** that should have been working harder. You probably cheated on your diet and on yourself.
im a few weeks in and im feeling great, building ALOT of muscle and eating right and im down almost 10 pounds.
Nobody said it was easy. Nobody said the only time to work out is at the camp. go on walks or runs , go to your local 24 hour fitness if you have a membership.
stay away from sugar in all forms and dairy and carbs.
this isn't a lose fat fast program. Their name includes to word " Transformation" for a reason!!!
Transform your life. otherwise crawl back in the hole you came from and back to the box of donuts. burn fat / build muscle / watch your diet / do exercise not rocket science!!!

5 6 Reply

Jul 23 #1189007 Laguna Niguel, California

My boyfriend is killing himself trying to lose that last two pounds before weigh in I 200% disagree with this sham!

6 3 Reply

Jun 29 #1179366 Whittier, California

Omg love u. Thanks. I have an orientation at the camp later but i m not going thanks to your review.

8 6 Reply

1-20 of 118 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to The Camp Transformation Center. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about The Camp Transformation Center.
Filing a new complaint about