The Camp Transformation Center - Unethical-Unprofessional Business! Stay clear from The Camp-Temecula and all other Southern California Locations

50 of 50 The Camp Transformation Center reviews

NO NO NO! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! Stay far away from this place! There's a reason they are not part of the BBB! They do not run an ethical place of business and they discriminate! All of these reviews are mandatory to receive $497 back as part of the 6 week completion. It's a scare tactic so everyone, of course, writes a so-called "good" review in fear that they will not receive their money back! 90% of the "campers" are on an emergency diet their final week which consists of tilapia and asparagus for breakfast, lunch dinner and snack. Also zero water the final two days. Who wouldn't lose weight starving yourself! But that's just it, you don't really lose weight in the process...your gaining muscle. A sure promise that you will NOT meet your goal and lose 20lb to get your money back. At the end of course you're going to lose the most weight (most lose anywhere from 5-15 lbs this final week). Also, with the mandatory 5 times a week workout with heavy weights (as encouraged by the trainers), you are almost certain to gain muscle...not lose weight! Also you are pressured into buying their supplements and protein powder for a mere $220. Also a recipe for gaining weight. Working out 5 days a week does not allow your muscles enough time to recover. The business structure is a sham. Perhaps good if you're looking at body building. At the end, the ultimate goal is to get you to join the gym for $127/month. Yep! This place can not even be considered a gym. There is not a pool, spa, tennis courts, equipment or personal trainers, changing area, showers, etc... Wow! Spectrum Club prices, but not even comparable. It's more or less set up as a garage with a few weights around. It's a circuit training for 45 min, lifting tires and other unconventional techniques. Nothing like real boot camp, I know, I was in the military. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! I didn't find the trainers motivating. There were two decent guy trainers, I found the rest some what annoying, not really knowledgeable or motivating.

I came it at 19.6 lbs. There were others that came in just short and given a chance to sweat it out. I was in the room and witnessed it! One lady just as I, at point 4 ounces, and another in at .8 over and was allowed to leave go to the gym and come back and the other on the bike. When I left the house I had my running shoes and my husband asked why and I said just in case I come in short I can sweat it out. I thought it was a no brainer as that is what I saw. Knew I would come in close, but thought close under...not over. Either way I just thought that I would be given the same opportunity as the others. I asked the owner If I could jump on the treadmill she said no! (incidentally, they finally have two treadmills- other than that they have 3 old bikes). Anyway, she hemmed and hawed and would consider it if I had agreed to join the gym. Wow... No Thanks I had no intention of joining! Oh by the way, the owner is a member of 24 Hr Fitness!

ONLY WORK OUT TIMES: 5AM, 6AM, 9AM and 5,6 and 7 PM.

There is Zero consistency! I've heard multiple stories from others, but of course after the fact. By the way, had I known she was going to not give me the opportunity, like the others, I would have told her I would be a few hours late and go to LA Fitness, where I belong, and sweat out the .4 in the sauna. Duh! Just expected that I would be able to do as the others were!

So as per the commitment to get my money back I would have left a "good" review and once I got my money back, I was going to write the real true review...my genuine version. Again the pressure to write a "good" review for the others waiting for their money. Geesh....great marketing there...not! Very dishonest

Words from the owner herself "90% of weight loss is from the diet". Adding the weights and workouts 5 days a week, consistently sore muscles, with no down time is just not that healthy if your over 35, in my opinion. For all of you curious of the meal plan, don't waste your money! Here it is:

Breakfast: Egg whites (about 4), Spinach (unlimited) and 1/3 cup dry oatmeal (plain). May add a little cinnamon and protein to oatmeal. Plus "camp" supplements

Snack: " Camp" protein powder + supplements

Lunch: 4-6 oz of White Fish, Chicken Breast or 99% lean turkey, broccoli, spinach or asparagus (unlimited), 2-3 oz of brown rice or quinoa + "camp" supplements

Snack: Same as above

Dinner: Same as lunch

Snack: 6oz of fat free cottage cheese or yogurt

*No sauces, may use spices or little of mustard and salsa. Eat every 21/2 to 3 hours. Drink a gallon of water a day!

That's it folks! SAVE YOUR MONEY! Do your work outs on your own, but STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 21 Yes 21
50 of 50 The Camp Transformation Center reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

1 day ago #1250641

This is a terrible review. I'm a non biased person reading this to figure out whether I want to join or not and this review makes me want to. I used to lift weights and had a bodybuilders body. You do not gain muscle that fast.. trust me. Somebody with a perfect diet and excercise regiment would maybeeeee gain 5 pounds of muscle in that time. But most people would probably gain 1 or two pounds of muscle. You're a ***. Do your research

Nov 23 #1245063

I wish I had seen this before I joined

Nov 11 #1239469 Aliso Viejo, California, United States

Wow thank you!! I had no idea they were so unqualified and unprofessional. We were thinking of joining today but just changed our minds after reading this review.

Oct 30 #1233930 Santa Ana, California, United States

Well this person is obviously an ignorant ***. I just finished my first challenge and lost 22.6 pounds, never did tilapigus nor carb cycled. You never exhaust your muscles because you work different muscle groups throughout the week. Upper body on monday, lower body on tuesday, full body on wednesday and it just repeats itself like that. If you think eating a balanced diet thats high in protein and exercising everyday is unhealthy but stuffing your face into a burger and sitting your *** on the couch isnt, you're an ***. Also, you dont have to buy any of their suplements NOR their protein powder. you can have a portion of protien instead of the shake, but the shake IS EASY. Idk who else would like to bust out a can of tune at 8am in the morning. ALSO, the contract says to right AN HONEST review, not a positive one. Jeesh, sorry this person made me mad. This is a life changing experience people, it helps you go from an unhealthy lifestyle to a healthy one

8 2 Reply

Oct 27 #1232972

Thank you!!!

Oct 18 #1228580 Phoenix, Arizona, United States

If you listen to this bitter lady you will moss out on an amazing opportinity. I am on my 2nd challenge. And this is the last week. I lost 25lbs the first week and i am down 13 this yime and will probably make it. This is the best thing to ever happen to me. I look and feel better than ever. It's a shame tht this woman would discourage ppl like this just bc she failed. The only way u fail is if u dont follow the diet which is really doable and ure never hungry

6 0 Reply
Sara

Oct 28 #1233374 Torrance, California, United States

so you got your money the first time ? I'm asking because I'm about to start my challenge the upcoming week.

Nov 07 #1237939 Oceanside, California, United States

If you reach your 20lbs lost and are below their required BMI then yes u get your money back. For very large people or people that have over 20 lbs to reach their BMI the initial commitment cost rolls over so you can do another challenge. P.S.) thier BMI standard os like 19lbs above the federal standard for BMI. IM 5'9" and my bmi was 196. Hust to give u an idea)

1 0 Reply

Sep 20 #1215383 San Leandro, California, United States

Thanks a lot for telling the truth. I was about driving an hour every day for joining the camp. I signed up for the orientation too. Its good to know that what they do it doesn't sounds healthy at all.

8 3 Reply
Gen

Sep 11 #1211106 Los Angeles County, California, United States

I don't mind the food cuz I already eat that way except the extra protein which no brainer. The fact that there are people there who have the same mind set to stay fit is awesome. The gym for me is to stay focus on the workout and leave, I love it. Who cares if you have to pay over $100 a month. The point is, it's by choice and what is important in your life. I love that they motivate you. Stay positive and happy. Life is too short to be complaining.

13 3 Reply

Sep 10 #1210860 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

your an *** .. I have been through 2 challenges and it works and if you followed the rules you get your money back .. yes its all part of the agreement, but if you want to lose weight this is the place to go .. follow the diet, workout and you will lose weight . ONE guy loset 48lbs in 6 weeks !! one girl lost 33lbs in 6 weeks !! its not a scam it works ..

8 3 Reply

Sep 18 #1214310

48 lbs. in 6 weeks. hahahaha! GIANT B.S> Not unless you are eating muscle tissue as an energy source.

10 7 Reply

Oct 29 #1233650 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

One challenger lost over 70 lbs in 6 weeks. No b.s. about it.

1 0 Reply

Oct 24 #1231390 Columbus, Ohio, United States

Everything that was said is true. They are very deceptive and do not disclose everything.

Pedro Prado

Aug 30 #1205649 California, United States

I am super excited to announce that this program truly does work. It worked for me, I lost 22lbs in 6 weeks. I was a bit skeptical at first but then again who isn't. Some friends went through the challenge and I started noticing their results. They looked thinner and healthier. I was dragged to a meeting by my gf, only to find out that this would be the best decision I have ever made. If you focus and really Follow the intrustions the results will be there. Its not easy but its not hard.I am excited and looking forward to my next challenge. I reccomend this program to everyone struggling with their weight loss. Take it one day at a time , one meal at a time and one workout at a time. Stay Fit Don't Quit!! See you guys at the top.

9 1 Reply

1-20 of 129 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to The Camp Transformation Center. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about The Camp Transformation Center.
Filing a new complaint about
×