Let me start out by saying that I was inspired to join The Camp's 6-week challenge because I was impressed the results of some of my friends on Facebook who successfully completed the challenge. Although I am pleased with my weight lost and fitness goals after doing the challenge, I was not successful according the terms of their contract. I decided to post this review to explain how that happened and why I attribute my failing the challenge to unethical and unprofessional business practices. This post is not intended to spew any hate or negativity, but only to give an honest report from my personal experience. Hopefully, it will benefit anyone considering joining so that a decision can be made with both eyes opened.

The old adage goes, "If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is." I totally expected that as with anything that is free, there would be a catch. So, when first I inquired about the 6-week challenge, I knew that there would be more required than just losing 20 or more lbs. As stated in prior reviews, there are several terms you must follow in order for the program to be free...You must put down a $497 deposit, lose 20 or more lbs by the end of the 6-week challenge, check-in a minimum of 30 times on Facebook (their free advertisement), work out 30 or more times in 42 days, change your Facebook profile pic to their logo for the entire duration of the challenge (again, free advertisement), abide by all the terms of the contract indicating you will "follow the *** instructions" (FTDI) meal plan with an EMPHASIS on remaining positive (negativity will not be tolerated and would cause you to forfeit your deposit). ADDITIONALLY, it was not simply losing at least 20+ pounds to be refunded your $497 deposit, you have to reach or be below your ideal weight which is determined by your gender and height. (For me being female and 5'7", my ideal weight 165.) Not reaching your ideal weight forfeits your deposit and ONLY makes you eligible to "rollover" into another 6-week challenge (with each challenge having the same success marker of losing at least 20 lbs). Some people completed 5+ challenges in order to reach their ideal weight. Common sense tells you that the closer you are to reaching your ideal weight, the rate of your weight loss per week slows making it that much more difficult to successfully lose 20 lbs in a 6-week period. Hence, you likely will lose a challenge and forfeit your deposit. The only alternative to this would be to apply your otherwise forfeited deposit into a gym membership at the "discounted" rate of $127 per month. (The non-discounted rate is $10 more per month which is hardly a discount, nor does it account for the amount of money applied by the forfeited deposit of nearly $500.) I think most people can read between the lines and see how the advertisement of "free" is clearly misleading. It's no wonder The Camp is such a lucrative business and how they can seemingly "give away" such a valuable service for "free". It's because it is NOT FREE!

What else makes it not "free"? From the time of sign up and every work out you attend thereafter, you will be bombarded with advertisements for protein shakes and supplements by ISO FX. There are announcements at the end of each workout where they also push a supplement of the week. I've even heard staff members claim that the reason some have been more successful than others in losing weight is because they have taken the supplements. It's clear that The Camp gets some sorta kickback from the company from pushing it's products.

What makes the program unethical? The false advertisement that the program is "free" and only requires you lose 20 lbs to be successful. The other piece that I believe makes it unethical is the false claim that they have a 97% success rate. I followed the program to the tee and did not succeed. I was not alone and know this is an inaccurate statistic. The other unethical issue is that the trainers consistently encourage gym members to use heavy weights during circuit training. This builds muscle that will reflect heavy on the scale. Any skilled trainer knows that encouraging high reps with low weight, coupled with cardio, would be better suited for successfully passing the challenge. (I only found two trainers at my gym that followed this training style.) It's hard to believe that this approach to training is not encouraged by the owners who have a vested financial interest in people not successfully completing the challenge.

What makes The Camp unprofessional? I was unfortunate enough to have experienced being kicked out of The Camp's support group on Facebook which connects you with other challengers and offers a wide range of support from recipes, to forums, to anecdotal memes, and success stories and pictures. I was not alone in being kicked out. Apparently Sam, part owner of The Camp, has a reputation (as confirmed by several staff members) of being rude, quick and sharp with his tongue, and impulsive in his reactions towards others. He did not like a comment I made on a thread and kicked me out of the group 2 weeks before the end of my challenge. My comment was in response to him making a comment in all caps, starting with the statement "LOOK PEOPLE", where he goes on to belittle and humiliate someone who in his view asked a *** question about what was allowed to eat. In my response, I mimicked another member (who was also kicked out of the group) stating that this forum should be a place to feel safe to ask dumb questions and to seek support. He shot back a response to the effect that if I didn't like it, I could get out. I didn't even have a chance because he kicked me and the other member out of the group. When I brought this issue to the attention to the director of my camp, I was told that this is how he is and that it was unlikely they would be able to get me back in the group because Sam was the sole administrator. I was told that Sam is fully aware of his rudeness towards customers to the point that he advises the managers and directors not speak to customers the way he does because of the negative impact it has on business. Needless to say, this left a very sour taste in my mouth and upset me that I had even given his company my money.

I just completed my 6-week challenge a week ago and lost a total of 17.4 lbs. I worked out 36 times in 42 days, faithfully followed the meal plan (including the carb-cycling and "Talapigus" plan structured to speed up weight loss toward the end of the challenge) and I still failed to lose 20 lbs. Sure, most of the other challengers in my challenge cycle met their goal, however, most that did had much more weight to lose than I did. I initially weighed in at 187 and needed to weigh 167 or less to met the challenge. At the end of 6 weeks, I weighed in at 170. All and all I am happy that I lost weight, that I am more fit to continue towards my fitness goals, and that I made a lot of great connections with people that I plan to keep in contact with. But, for me, I cannot continue to support a business that I have experienced to be unethical, misleading, and unprofessional. My money will be better spent elsewhere.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with staff and stated that there is a room for improvement of super unprofessional and unorganized. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "unethical practices" of the camp transformation center weight loss program and associated monetary loss in the amount of $497. The Camp Transformation Center needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned the camp transformation center weight loss program in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at The Camp Transformation Center.

I went to the orientation and did not sign up for the challenge.I became a member and downloaded the damn FTDI online from other ppl.

I’ve lost 17 lbs in 6 weeks and i feel good. I do the same workouts that the challengers do AND I don’t have to put pics on my Facebook for free advertisement. I can quit if i want and join another gym if I want. You have to play the system.

The gym is fun and the ftdi is not hard to follow..some of my friends who are doing the challenge have only lost 10lbs and they are worried they are not going to get the money back but not me lol

to Anonymous #1440764

That was so smart of you !! How did you do it, could you send it to me cuz I was debating on whether to join or not and your comment helped me decide not to lol

to Anonymous D #1446180

Can you send it my way as well? I was going to go to the orientation but your comment seriously helped. Dan.dc20.dc@gmail.com

I did 5 challenges...failed the last one by a few lbs...

thinking of going for the hardbody....does anyone have that bible that they can send me pictures of the meal plan and exercise homework...???

I too thought it was a scam then my daughter did it.She lost 60 pounds in 12 weeks then did a hard body beat that challenge and could get her full refund back but she loved it there so she chose to apply the money towards the membership.

I am on my 3rd challenge and I think it's redicilouse you chose to call it unethical. You are explained everything before you sign. It's called accountability!!! If you can do it without the accountability and the fact $500.00 is on the line then good for you!

Most of us that go here are there for a reason we couldn't do it on our own. You invest in yourself I probably spent more on eating out and fast food. I'm down 71 pounds in 21weeks. Yes it gets harder to loose but you have to work hard nothing is easy.

They are there for you to advise you help you. Mostly make you accountable I can't state that enough! It's unfortunate you knew what the contract was and still feel this way. As for facebook yes you do have to post they don't get in your personal life but after a while you want to post every workout because your damn proud of yourself!!

Last but not least THIS IS A BUSINESS! yes they need to pay rent, trainers, insurance and make a profit! I have been there for six months on my $497 ask yourself how much money have you spent on quick diet gimmicks. The camp works if you follow it and work hard!

I wonder if the post didn't say free would you have continued reading?Please go to orientation before you decide not to give yourself a chance.

to Realistic challenger 2018 #1447274

You obviously work for the camp lol.60 lbs lost in 12 weeks is amazing !Far fetched, but if true that’s awesome.Based on a 2000 calorie a day diet your doughter would have to burn at least 4500 calories a day.

Every day. For 12 weeks with out one slip. And seeing as how the average calories burnt (depending on age, weight and body fat %) for a 1 hour class is between 300- 700.

She must have been doing extra work outs and or not eating.Thank you to the original poster on this thread.I will not be waisting my money on The Camp

to Anonymous #1447786

Thank you for talking of the incredibly high cost. It was nowhere noted before the “free” registry, and it had me worried!!

to Kelly #1430496

I am not a member but I stumbled across this article, my thoughts are that even if you lose the challenge and the money your body will feel better and you just might live longer and healthier, even if had to go another challenge what would be your results, Healthier and more fit right, If you don't spend the money there you will it spend it on the stuff that put you there, Tacobell, Whataburger, Braums,McDonalds etc...

YOUR BODY WILL LOVE YOU FOR EVER we do these things to help ourselves, Put the deposit and work out like *** and you might make it and uno like be the poster boy or girl,, If you give on this easy challenge chances are You will give up on things the rest of your life, And remember the Best Thing that YOU can loose is WEIGHT and gain vitality

This post is so misleading. You failed a challenge most people succeed in, I completed the 20 pound and hard body and if you really follow the instructions you succeed. This sounds to me like someone salty that they didn't meet their goal and wants someone to blame.

I was going to go there until I read this .Awful business practices.

Sounds like a great program for some but a scam as well.Thanks for sharing!

to Christy white #1444442

I have been going for nearly 2 years now, did 3 challenges abd lost 50 kbs but at 51 I am in the BEST shape I've been in in a very long time. LOVE my Camps!

Thank you! I almost joined the challenge I will be taking my business and money elsewhere.

Omg it’s been 14 days and I still haven’t got my money back! Please people do not do this challenge if you need that money back afterwards

I lost 24lbs...it has been over a month and I still have not received my refund back after being told that it would be deposited in 3-7 business days...today is the 9th business day. Annoyed is not the word!

to Anonymous #1428731

The contract that you signed... It lets you know 14 business days. Read the contract

Thank you!!! I also almost joined they act like they are doing something so altruistic for the community

to Jennifer Et-sel #1403268

I almost confirmed my orientation for tomorrow but after reading this i will stay away! thank you for sharing!

Thank you for taking your time to tell your experience, i was about to take the challenge but definitely now that i know how it works I'm out

Thank you! This is exactly the info I needed. Changing the fb profile pic is just gauche and their logo is so cheap and ugly I would hate to publicly associate myself with their brand.